Subject: [Leica] Hassy Scanners for Leica or not
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Wed May 18 20:11:06 2005

> As it is IMACON who has also got this thing going with LEICA to get out
> their digital back for their R8/9 camera....
> While we're waiting - why not conscribe them or have them think of it
> themselves a LEICA Flextight red dot pretty expensive but real good maybe
> drum but maybe not drum scanner. With an even smaller foot print on your
> desktop. And a little cradle to rest your M or R while you play with your
> computers.
>
> A high end scan from film is not just the best from both worlds.
> It's the "best" world period.
> Great to keep in in the family even if it is a stretch.
>
> Cross posted (is that ethical?) to but the HUG and LUG.
> No BUG or MUG though.

This "smallest" scanner from mighty Imacon I did perhaps did not make clear
would be for 35mm photography.
Only this one would say "Leica" on it instead of "Hasselblad".
And a red dot which it would deserve.
If they keep doing what they for some reason feel they have to keep doing
they'll make the image circle just not quite big enough for 645 film.
But you'd maybe be able to scan superslide on them. Maybe not.
A format which I have the honor of being the only person in the whole world
of using.
41x41mm and be there. 16 on a roll.
Leica frames on your Hasselblad screen.

If they were smarter they'd just have the image circle cover 24x36 and keep
the cost and size down down down so more people might buy it. As in a lot of
people.
A lot of people making better then desktop and more like outside drum
service bureau scans from APO ASPH Leica glass.

Which might also be better then the results from a medium format digital
back.

Mark Rabiner
Photography
Portland Oregon