Subject: [Leica] Slightly OT: Shutter release problem on R-D1
From: i.watts at virgin.net (Ian Watts)
Date: Sun May 22 07:41:08 2005

> Frequently I will press the shutter relase button and the shutter
> will simply not release.  Removing my finger from the button and
> depressing it a second time will release the shutter.  Initially, I
> thought it was because the light meter had timed out and needed to
> be re-activated before the camera would take a photo, but I'm not
> convinced this is the case.
>
> Has anyone had a similar problem with the R-D1?

Andrew, I've had this happen occasionally enough to be annoying. I'd
always assumed that it was to do with the camera going into sleep
mode (which it is meant to do after a certain preset time period) but
more recently I've come to the conclusion that it is another bug/
quirk of the RD-1. There is something a bit masochistic paying 2000
quid for a camera with so many faults but, given the option of using
my rather better built and ergonomic M film bodies or my rather more
flexible Canon DSLR system, I will still choose to use this body 8 or
9 times out of 10.

Ian Watts
--

mailto:i.watts@virgin.net