Subject: [Leica] Leica R lenses on Canon Digital Bodies
From: bdcolen at comcast.net (B. D. Colen)
Date: Mon May 23 11:27:33 2005

It strikes me, Gary, that if the quality differences were as striking
as some on this list believe, then virtually every professional
photographer worth calling professional would have been shooting with
Leica - and would still be doing all his or her film shooting with
Leica. And that simply was not, and is not now the case.

If there are real quality differences to see, they will be seen in
the darkroom, or through a loupe on a lightbox - but that's not how
people view photos in the real work. While there are many reasons for
wanting to shoot with Leica equipment - including the quality of most
of the modern M lenses - I'm struck that I've never heard anyone say,
"Boy, that Jim Nachtwey sure has a great eye - too bad he doesn't
shoot with Leicas."  ;-)

B. D.

--
B. D. Colen
Sr. Communications Officer for University Science

Replies: Reply from datamaster at northcoastphotos.com (Gary Todoroff) ([Leica] Leica R lenses on Canon Digital Bodies)
Reply from luisripoll at telefonica.net (Luis Ripoll) ([Leica] New on Leica-Gallery)