Subject: [Leica] A proper re-introduction (vs. the miscue I sent to the list last week)
From: matt at kollarfoto.com (Matt Kollasch)
Date: Mon May 23 14:12:29 2005

Hi Folks,

My name is Matt Kollasch and I have been off the list for a few years...
A planetary tug pulled me back to the list about 2 weeks ago and I am
quite pleased to be here again. Since then I have seen some brilliant
work that is inspiring and I am again enjoying the collective wisdom
found here. So thanks... it is good to be back in the LUG fold. Like
many of you I have made the digital plunge (20D w/24-20 f 2.8 L) so it
is nice to read about various aspects of digital photography here. I
also enjoy seeing the great shots taken w/ the Ms and various lens
combinations./ /I still learning how to use of the 20D well. Truth be
known, I am still learning how to use M6s well! I love the 20D but
sometimes I simply find it comforting to shoot the M... Perhaps that
seems quaint or strange, but I do like the size, feel and simple manual
aspects of the M6 A LOT.

But in the end, what I like about LUG is that the bottom line is usually
the quality of the photo, not the gear from which it was created...

Here's a shot from The Reverb, a local club, just this past Friday
night...
Art Garfunkel could sue for breach of hair ...
http://www.kollarfoto.com/misc/

All the best,
/matt

--