Subject: [Leica] WAS Leica's demise, NOW Digital's demise??
From: nathan.wajsman at planet.nl (nathan.wajsman@planet.nl)
Date: Wed May 25 03:21:42 2005

Peter,

It makes perfect sense that a retailer like Jessops should start seeing
reduced sales of digital cameras. At this point, it is safe to assume
that in the UK and other rich countries, most people who wanted to
convert from film to digital have already done so. So the huge wave of
conversion sales during the past couple of years is now ending. Going
forward, the industry will settle into a normal pattern of replacement
sales as people upgrade, replace broken equipment etc., which implies
considerably slower growth.

Nathan

Nathan Wajsman
Almere, Netherlands