Subject: [Leica] Re: Rommel
From: bdcolen at comcast.net (B. D. Colen)
Date: Fri May 27 09:17:45 2005

It's not just a matter of them being shutter bugs - they were obsessive
about documenting everything - probably because they believed they were
building a new world and would be considered heroes by later generations.
It's a weird thing that the Nazis so thoroughly documented their worst
crimes- but then there were meticulous records kept of the Inquisition, and
of course in  recent times - and hardly on the same scale - we do have the
infamous Nixon tape. ;-)