Subject: [Leica] Portrait: Our House Sitter
From: abridge at gmail.com (Adam Bridge)
Date: Fri May 27 12:34:22 2005

Our house sitter of low these many years is graduating high school and
moving on to college. (I was tempted to call all her colleges and tell
her she was a serial killer to keep her around.)

She asked me to do her senior portrait, which I did. But I wanted
something personal to give her family so I shot some knowing they
would go to black and white.

This image was shot with the 1Ds Mk II, and the Leica 100 APO using
studio lighting and a white backdrop.

I would appreciate knowing how you react to it and how it could have
been made better. I'm not at home with all the lighting - probably you
can tell this.

I had two strobes - a soft-box on the right and an umbrella reflector
on the left with a little fill light on her hair from behind.

<http://www.adambridge.com/Photos/2005/05/21/TheHouseSitter.jpg>

Thanks for sharing your impressions and any comments.

Adam Bridge

Replies: Reply from scott at adrenaline.com (Scott McLoughlin) ([Leica] Portrait: Our House Sitter)