Subject: [Leica] Another camera classic bites the dust
From: feli2 at earthlink.net (Feli)
Date: Sat May 28 15:07:11 2005

On May 28, 2005, at 2:41 PM, B. D. Colen wrote:

> Yes and no, Feli - You need the 'information' in  the first place, and
> some
> flare can be virtually impossible to eliminate - but color fringing?
> vigneting? And various forms of vertical and horizontal distortion?
> It's
> amazing what software can do. ;-)

That's why I said 'some problems'. There is an awful lot you can fix
with software,
but some things are just a no go.
;-)

Some people (not necessarily you) seem to be under that impression that
computers are magic and can fix anything. I once spent a good half hour
trying to explain to a client, why you can't take a piece footage that
is severely out of focus and simply put back in focus. They kept trying
to convince us that all we had to do was sharpen it, just like they had
done at home in Photoshop. He just couldn't deal the concepts of "soft"
and "out of focus". They finally gave up, but I was left with the
impression that he thought we were lying to him, 'because he had done
it at home in Photoshop".

Geez!

Feli