Subject: [Leica] One of Lug's Best
From: gregj.lorenzo at shaw.ca (GREG LORENZO)
Date: Sat May 28 21:14:53 2005

> On 5/28/05 7:13 PM, "Jeffery Smith" <jls@runbox.com> typed:
>
> > The Olympus E-1 is a P&S? That seems a bit condescending.
> >
> > Jeffery Smith
> > New Orleans, LA
> > http://www.400tx.com
> >

> Then Mark Rabiner writes:
>
> Yes it is!

I'll take condescension any day over vacuous repetition. I don't know how
many times I've read on the Lug words to the effect of:

"proof positive of the theory that a camera is just a box, and a good
photographer can produce outstanding images using any kind of equipment.
;-)"...yada yada yada.

I'll bet hundreds, maybe thousands! Why not give the mantra/chantra a
number. It would save a lot of typing time. It's a little like saying that a
professional race car driver can be competitive in any class, using any car
in that class. Of course most can. I doubt that we'd see constant posts on a
Chevrolet, Ford, or Dodge on-line forum to that effect. These people are
there because they are interested in that particular vehicle.

Regards,

Greg

Replies: Reply from jls at runbox.com (Jeffery Smith) ([Leica] One of Lug's Best)