Subject: [Leica] Williamsburg, Va., interior photography
From: chandos at cox.net (Chandos Michael Brown)
Date: Mon May 30 07:28:37 2005

Keep in mind that the 18th c. was lit only by fire; most of the
structures in CW were built to provide adequate ventilation in a hot and
humid climate and decent light throughout the work day, so the interiors
are generally well lit, though drapes and other impedimenta (including
gray skies) can produce a crepuscular, low contrast gloom.

At the same time, I wonder whether any 50 is particularly well suited to
interior work in CW.  With the exception of the Courthouse, the Capitol,
and the Governor's Palace, buildings tend toward the middling in size,
often with surprisingly small rooms, and the craft shops (silversmith,
gunmaker, etc.) also tend to be quite modestly proportioned.

I'd certainly bring along anything wide-angle that you own, and I
wouldn't be surprised if you felt the urgent need for a 21 now and then.

The coffee shop on Prince George St. is "Aromas," and the high holy of
beer drinkers, The Green Leafe, is only a short walk's distance on
Scotland St.

Cheers!

CHandos