Subject: [Leica] PAW2005 Weeks 18 to 21
From: philippe.orlent at pandora.be (Philippe Orlent)
Date: Mon May 30 14:53:02 2005

Catching up again.

Weeks 18, 19, 19 alt and 20 were all shot with a Ricoh Gr1s on a similar
event at different location: the Springfests of my oldest daughter, and of
her 2 nephews, who were all born on about the same time and all are 8 years
old now.
It's not Leica, true, but I'm so very impressed with its 28mm lens that I
chose to present them to you anyway. And I also thought such occasions
needed colour (plain and simple Kodak Royal, developed and scanned at the
lab, no PS tweaking, just some slight cropping sometimes):

Wk 18:
http://users.telenet.be/philippe.orlent/PAW2005/slides/Wk18.html
Or
http://tinyurl.com/buby3

is our youngest daughter, Hannah, at her nephew Karsten's Springfest,
showing that she isn't impressed with her dad making a picture. Again.

Wk 19:
http://users.telenet.be/philippe.orlent/PAW2005/slides/Wk19.html
Or
http://tinyurl.com/d83bl

Is a group portrait of Marthe (wondering about her presents) and the 2
daughters of her godfather in our garden.

Wk 20:
http://users.telenet.be/philippe.orlent/PAW2005/slides/Wk19alt.html
Or
http://tinyurl.com/ajznz

Is a shot of the aircastle we rented for that occasion. Marthe's godfather
and 2 nephews having some fun of different sorts. Not as much G's as in
Ted's ride, though :-)

Wk 20 alt:
http://users.telenet.be/philippe.orlent/PAW2005/slides/Wk20.html
Or
http://tinyurl.com/ckjar

Is a portrait of my 2 brothers having a look at something under the table.
I think it was Sushi, our cat, of which I'll gladly post some shots later
on.

Wk 21:
http://users.telenet.be/philippe.orlent/PAW2005/slides/Wk21.html
Or
http://tinyurl.com/86mum

Was shot with my Digilux 2 during a shoot for a client of ours. I shot it in
RAW mode, as a test shot for Tina's under- and overexposure technique to
expand dynamical range. I didn't do it as she described, though, but bought
the Fred Miranda PlugIn that IMO deals with these kind of problems
perfectly.
The loneliness of the model whilst everybody was pausing somehow struck me.
It was a four hour afternoon shoot, on an asphalt roof in temperatures of
+30?C. Maybe this had something to do with her mental absence.
The camera in the image is a Mamiya RZ67 with a 180 macro on it and a
polaroid back for preshots.
Tomorrow I'll do the postprocessing of the images that were shot, and I'll
show them later on. The photographer shoots in neg, and told me he preferred
Kodak Portra because it was sharper than the Fuji products. I don't know if
that is your experience, too, but I always had something against Kodak
(colorwise) so never really treid itn but I think I'll might have to
reconsider.

I hope you enjoye it and I'm looking forward to your remarks or suggestions.

Thanks and happy snappin',
Philippe

Replies: Reply from nathan.wajsman at planet.nl (Nathan Wajsman) ([Leica] PAW2005 Weeks 18 to 21)