Subject: [Leica] Dynamical range
From: rbaron at concentric.net (Robert D. Baron)
Date: Mon May 30 18:13:37 2005

On 29 May 2005 Philippe Orlent wrote:

> After Tina's example I went to Fred Miranda's and he has a plugin that does
> this for you. 2 16 bit exposures mixed together in a hearthbeat. I bought
> it
> and tried it and it works very well.
> So something to be considered IMO.

I just bought it and I think it is the best USD $19.90 I have spent in a
long time.

This is really nifty.

You take your raw file and process it / save it twice, once for the
highlights and once for the shadows.

Then a couple of clicks and it is like putting it in an Oster
blender.....except instead of a margarita you get a very nicely blended
image file.

You can even use it with problem b&w scans. Photoshop the file twice;
once over, once under. Then mix.

As Brother Rabiner might say, stirred not shaken.

--Bob

Replies: Reply from ericm at pobox.com (Eric) ([Leica] Dynamical range)