Subject: [Leica] UP,UP AND AWAY!!! PICTURES :-) upside down and side ways! ; -)
From: del at pscc.com (David E. Labovitz)
Date: Mon May 30 18:38:26 2005

Ted --

As usual, I am a week, a month, or more behind on the lug.  That in no
way diminishes my admiration for a true grit guy.  Happy birthday -- and
many more.

Just so you know that we're all nuts (to various degrees) I decided a
couple of years ago finally to try to obtain a license so I could fly my
own plane.  It's been a tough go, with many interruptions, but I think
I'm nearly there.  I owe much to a close friend, fellow ex-sports
car-racer, who actually makes his living flying a T-6 (giving old
codgers like us an hour-or two thrill).  It's difficult to explain
(particularly to wives) why it's all so important.

Best regards -- and many, many more,

Dave.

Somewhere I have a roll of IID shots (my first Leica) I took in 1956
while at Corpus Christi Naval Air Station, discovering what it was all
about in a jet trainer -- my first barrel rolls.  Only to find out later
that 20/20 eyesight -- without correction -- was a prerequisite. :-(