Subject: [Leica] photographing bald eagles in the wild
From: abridge at gmail.com (Adam Bridge)
Date: Tue May 31 16:30:32 2005

Well I've driven a LOT of roads recently that have signs like "Watch
for Elk" and did I see any elk? No, I did not. I've driven through
Yellowstone, and NOT at Mach 2.5 or anything like it, and have I seen
ONE bear? I even trolled doughnuts. I only got a park ranger with that
ploy.

Now I have a friend who regularly drives to Mono Lake via Tioga Pass
and he has been run into, broadside, by bears TWICE. No bears for ME!

I do better with birds. There are lots of birds. Normally they aren't
too skittish. I don't look like prey to them, I guess, unless there
are some Rocs floating around out there, and I know there are because
Waite Hoit talked about them during a rain delay of a Cincinatti Reds
game back when I was a kid! Who am I to argue with a Hall of Famer?

So, anyway, it's no surprise to see a sign that says "Bald Eagles".
The surprise is actually seeing them!

Adam