Subject: [Leica] Deep Throat and B.D.
From: ruben at rhodos.dk (Ruben)
Date: Tue May 31 22:04:08 2005

Marc

I am 42 and I find it very interesting - my daughters are 13 and 16 - they
saw the movie with redford/hoffman 3 month ago - there were recently other
speculations on who deep throat was - I am sure my daughters will find it
interresting to!

It must be an impportant task for teachers as well as parrents in the US to
tell their children about watergate and the "deep throat comming in" is a
good oppertunity.

If we do not pass on to the new generations the knowledge of our mistakes
and of others crime or cruelty it is easy forgotten and that could be fatal.

Five years ago 50% of swedish High School pubils did not believe in that
Holocaust had ever found place. My childrens friends go for one day shopping
trips to Berlin not knowing of the horrors the people of eastern Germany was
put through. My grandmother was German and some of my family was caught on
the wrong side of the wall - I remember her crying when she got letters were
most we "sensored" out - she and most her family passed away befor the wall
fell.

We have obligations and can not keep information to us self just because we
are political junkies!

This is in no way a critique of your post Marc - just remark on what I find
an important task for all of us.

all the best
Ruben

snip