Subject: [Leica] first camera
From: lkhermann at bresnan.net (lkhermann)
Date: Wed Jun 1 12:14:38 2005

My first real camera was used Exacta VX with a 50mm f 2.8 Tessar, a very
good lens.  I loaned it years later to my niece and got it back in non
working condition a while back.  Since I really do not want to use it, it
sits as memento of the past on the book case.  My first Leica was purchased
with money from selling blood in 1958, a black III with an f 3.5  50mm
Elmar.  I loaned it to a friend who was going to Europe after she graduated
and never got it back.  I could do this because I had obtained a IIIb in
much better condition.  I still have this one and in fact, DAG did a CLA on
it fairly recently.
        It has been interesting to read everyone's first camera story.

Lee

Replies: Reply from sdp35 at cwazy.co.uk (Craig Zeni) ([Leica] first camera)
Reply from sdp35 at cwazy.co.uk (Craig Zeni) ([Leica] first camera)
Reply from jshul at comcast.net (Jim Shulman) ([Leica] first camera)