Subject: [Leica] Re: LUG Digest, Vol 29, Issue 529
From: FELIXMATURANA at telefonica.net (Félix López de Maturana)
Date: Wed Jun 1 13:24:44 2005

>Do any of the fanboys want to explain to the more skeptical amongst us what
>in all of yesterday's releases and PR blather suggest that the company is
>taking a new tack that will give it a better chance to survive? Where's the
>real news?

B.D.

Short term is OK as they've got money for survive. Long term they will
be successfully if input in the company less the output along time is
positive. That's if the sales opportunities are enough for getting
profits. For increasing sales they need offer what people demand or
create new necessities. Even Mercedes understood that and produced A
small cars and so did BMW with compacts and most film companies are
making a good change to digital. If there is not such  sales
opportunities or they cannot create them more and more money is just
driven to the drain. More sales opportunities does mean look for new
customers if the old ones do not guarantee affair figures that can
produce profitability. If a M digital is not able of creating sales
figures like that the project must be abandoned however this could be
disgusting for us. New products with right marketing  strategies need to
be launched -if they got the enough RD for their development- and Leica
people has to be trained in new industrial and commercial strategies.

Someone in the list spoke about the members that wish not a good future
for Leica. I sincerely believe that all of us will want a good future
for them. The concern is that some of us do not believe that Leica -as a
company- has the human resources and the flexibility for doing that and
-accordingly- the future of the company is uncertain. I'd wish I was wrong.

Regards

Felix