Subject: [Leica] OT: Yashica ML lenses
From: douglas.sharp at gmx.de (Douglas Sharp)
Date: Wed Jun 1 16:18:45 2005

Hello Philippe,
used lots of them, the 55mm/2.8 macro is superb, the 200mm is excellent
and the 50mm standards are ok too. My first SLR was a Yashica Electro-X,
for which I had the M42 lenses, later I used Yashica lenses on a first
generation Contax RTS, now I'm using the 55 macro for any close ups I
want on the Canon 20 D

Nearly all these flower pictures were taken with the Yashica.
http://gallery.leica-users.org/album150

A particularly good example is this one(which also shows how dusty my
office gets)
http://gallery.leica-users.org/album150/MG_1348_CY_f8_edited_3

So was the frog
http://gallery.leica-users.org/New-Old-Pictures/Frog_edited_1  Full(ish)
frame
http://gallery.leica-users.org/New-Old-Pictures/Frog_cropped_1  Centre crop

Don't hesitate to buy Yashica, IMO, they are among the best of the lower
priced second-hand lenses.
cheers
Douglas