Subject: [Leica] LP's
From: Afterswift at aol.com (Afterswift@aol.com)
Date: Wed Jun 1 17:17:49 2005

In a message dated 6/1/05 4:30:13 PM, lug-request@leica-users.org writes:

> And I
> love where some of those pops occur, and there is even a skip I sing
> through
> on a Stevie Wonder disk. I suppose it might be hard to convince someone
> that
> that is a virtue...
I believe that LP's are still being pressed. Mostly on private labels for
audiophiles. I believe certain outfits are still producing LP turntables and
diamond styluses. Many of my LP's have developed pops on their own, even
without
being played. Originally they were flawless. I seldom come across a bad CD.
Those LP's had real resonance. Most were compressed to a frequency industry
standard.

While we reminsce, I find that there are collectors who search for silver
halide prints of specific subjects. I saw a guy at a flea market put down
$40 for
a dozen dogeared 1940 World's Fair deckled Velox box camera prints.

Bob R

Replies: Reply from kcarney1 at cox.net (Ken Carney) ([Leica] LP's)