Subject: [Leica] My first camera (Now Ted's Argus)
From: SonC at aol.com (SonC@aol.com)
Date: Wed Jun 1 20:50:14 2005

In a message dated 6/1/2005 10:22:24 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
dennis@hale-pohaku.com writes:
That's not an A2. (My dad had an A2)

http://theargusa.com/Models.htm

You are right: the one I showed is an A3.  I pushed the wrong  button.  The
A3 also has an extinction meter, like the late  A2's

This is my A2, like Ted's first camera:   http://www.sonc.com/teds.htm

SonC@aol.com  wrote:

> >From my collection:  a copy of Ted's  first camera:

>        http://www.sonc.com/argus
>
> In a message dated 6/1/2005 6:11:53  P.M. Central Daylight Time,
> tedgrant@shaw.ca writes:
>
> My  first  camera was a birthday gift, May 27, 1950 from my wife on my
first
> birthday  after we were married the previous October.. An  Argus A2 35mm,
> today we  might call it a point n'  shoot!
>
> However this little Argus was plastic,  no  electronics. A box you put a
roll
> of film in and made a few  adjustments  according to the piece of paper
> with
> the exposure  suggestions in the film  box. :-)
>
> So now you folks know who  to blame for launching me into this  wild and
crazy
> world of  photography! ;-) But man I have absolutely no  regrets, other
than  I
> wish I could do it all over again ten fold times!   :-)
>
> ted

Regards,
Sonny
http://www.sonc.com