Subject: [Leica] Too much inventory
From: bdcolen at comcast.net (B. D. Colen)
Date: Thu Jun 2 11:33:18 2005

Of course, but there does come a price point of no return, and I'd suggest
they are getting damn close to it. The fact that they're sitting on so much
inventory says something about the decline of film and the sale of cameras
to put it in, and it says something about the fact that the R line has been
a loss leader for some time. But it may also say something about Leica
pricing. Sure, it's a high-end camera. But in this, the tail end of the age
of film, how many people are there out there - really - who are going to pay
3K and up for a manual film camera that is little different from the camera
of 50 years ago? Especially when there are such good used cameras available.