Subject: [Leica] Re: First Camera
From: montoid at earthlink.net (Montie Talbert)
Date: Thu Jun 2 15:53:12 2005

Don Lawrence wrote:
>I used that Nikkormat for 19 years before upgrading
to a FE.>

Great cameras...kiss principle marvels!  I still use
Nikkormats to this day...my small format SLR tank
of choice.  I think they're as tough (almost) as my M4.

Just had two of them CLA'd with split image screens
installed and will probably have to do it again when I'm
80, about 30 years from now!  Got rid of a couple of F2s
a few years back because I would fiddle around with the
prisms, screens etc. too much plus they're kinda top heavy.
Do miss the 100% view though.  Seem to recall Nikkormats
as giving around 92% of the actual filmed image??

Montie