Subject: [Leica] Re: LUG Digest, Vol 29, Issue 540
From: LRZeitlin at aol.com (LRZeitlin@aol.com)
Date: Sun Jun 5 07:21:43 2005

In a message dated 6/3/05 9:10:30 PM, lug-request@leica-users.org writes:

<< While we are talking about film, how long is it normally ok to develop
and
print black & white film past expiration date?  I noticed some degradation
on
color film which is about 6 months past expiration date. >>

I recently developed and printed B&W films taken during the Korean "Police
Action" of 50+ years ago. I used Kodak Antifog #2 in the developer to
suppress
the inevitable fog. The negatives came out OK although the picture content
was
nothing to brag about. I could make a fairly decent print and they scanned
well. I have heard of custom labs successfully processing Kodachrome take
during
WW2. I'm not sure if these long delays would work with today's superspeed
B&W
and color films. Cosmic rays you know.

Larry Z