Subject: [Leica] Wrong, Mr. Olde Photographer -- It's serendipity!
From: henningw at archiphoto.com (Henning Wulff)
Date: Tue Jun 7 15:35:54 2005

At 5:57 PM -0400 6/7/05, Afterswift@aol.com wrote:
>In a message dated 6/7/05 12:40:59 PM, lug-request@leica-users.org writes:
>

>>  It took me a long time to understand the old photographer's saying "you
>> see
>>  only what you know."
>>  --------------------------------------------
>I think the olde photographer was wrong. When I do photography I want to see
>what I don't know.
>I want photography to be open-ended. I want it to reveal ideas new to me. I
>want my writing to do the same thing. Serendipity must be involved in
>anything
>creative I do.
>
>Bob

I can see it now. A camera tied to your backside, pointed at whence
you came, and fired with a cable release every tenth step.

Alternatively, set up a camera on a street corner, and set the self
timer for 15 minutes.

Or hold a camera above a fence that you can't see over, and take a picture.

When writing, take a dictionary and empty the words out on a page.
Shuffle and print.

Serendipity indeed. Open ended, but the substance has all leaked out.

--
    *            Henning J. Wulff
   /|\      Wulff Photography & Design