Subject: [Leica] Re: Pasajes San Juan
From: FELIXMATURANA at telefonica.net (Félix López de Maturana)
Date: Wed Jun 8 06:54:44 2005

>Hi Felix,
>
>A set of shots that gives a vivid sense of the place. Picturesque and
>colourful with graffiti showing that all is not peace and contentment.
>
>Clever use of natural frames and expert use of composition made them a joy
>to view whether in colour or black and white. I would have liked to see a
>person standing by the door with the hand, spooky  :-)  Thanks for posting.
>
>--Graham

Thanks Graham! I thought the same concerning the door and the knocking
hand under a strict point of view

but for me the true meaning I was looking for is that in the Basque
Country someone or something is knocking in our doors but nobody knows
what will be behind the door... but darkness. In fact I tried
unsuccessfully to show in black the inside of the house bracketing a
series of pictures  but then the door itself was too dark and muddy. I
thought so that this one was the less bad. A person in the door -I
wouldn't mind awaiting - I'm not short of time nowadays precisely--
would make a better composition but the desired meaning would be lost.

Regards

Felix