Subject: [Leica] Film production stills help?
From: daniel.ridings at edd.uio.no (Daniel Ridings)
Date: Wed Jun 8 23:39:27 2005

I would agree with Nathan about shooting RAW in these circumstances,
circumstances when you don't know the light being used. It's so easy to
fix white-balance when you use RAW.

My problem with RAW (and I still use it 99% of the time) is that I am
starting to reach the conclusion that it is not worth the extra effort.
I rarely really have to do anything. I still shoot raw though ... just
in case. But the transfer times when you off-load 2GB cards is a pain.
Just recently I've noticed a little voice in my head "why bother?".

It's probably too late, Matt, but you can easily set the ISO much higher
than 400. If I remember right, the final size they wanted wasn't
particularly big. All the shots I showed in "faces" were shot at ISO
640. It holds up very well.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/Daniel-Ridings?page=2

Good luck!

Daniel