Subject: [Leica] Straying near topic
From: Afterswift at aol.com (Afterswift@aol.com)
Date: Wed Jun 8 23:46:39 2005

In a message dated 6/8/05 10:43:53 PM, lug-request@leica-users.org writes:

> I'm not comfortable with the thread about Guantanamo and the Koran. --
> Brian
I reckon politics has some relevance to photojournalism. Were Capa on this
list, we would hear a lot about politics I assume. However, Brian has a
point
about gratuitous politics. Politics without a photographic anchor.

Lug is internationalist by virtue of the fact that Leica is. It's almost
impossible to ignore politics as even an art photographer. However, NYC is a
lot
less crowded with political objects than Washington, DC.
Tucked away in a corner of the OR State Supreme Court grounds in Eugene is a
life size statue of Senator Wayne Morse, one of the few prominent members
who
voted against the Vietnam War. He wasn't a pacifist by any means, serving in
FDR's administration during WW II. Well, gentlemen, it's almost impossible
for
me to pass Mr. Morse there without taking a shot of him with my M3 or
anything
else that works like a camera.

Were I visiting Munich, I would be drawn to photograph the monuments to
White
Rose.
http://www.jlrweb.com/whiterose/

Bob