Subject: [Leica] Gray card not 18% Erwin
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Fri Jun 10 09:25:32 2005

Over the years one of the more interesting things I've learned on the LUG
was that the gray card is not real middle gray. It's off a few degress for
some reason from 18%. Or that 18% should be 19%.
Erwin had the skinny on it but I can't find it on his website.

Anybody know where to find that stuff or care tell me what it is?

I find it fascinating that one of the starting points, the givens, of
photography is really not really on the money.
It's always something! :)

But I want to know what it is I'm all organized with my notes and everything
now.

Mark Rabiner
Photography
Portland Oregon