Subject: [Leica] Canon and Lexar users
From: mcyclwritr at comcast.net (mcyclwritr@comcast.net)
Date: Fri Jun 10 20:18:51 2005

After I picked up a SanDisk 1GB Ultra II* Wednesday, I dropped my Lexar 1 GB
80x in the mail. I didn't even want to think about the mortification that
would follow shooting two weddings Saturday and discovering that one of the
cards had failed.** Sorta' shakes a person's faith in a brand.

By the way, I think Canon's firmware updates, at least one I saw for the
20D, are unrelated to the Lexar 1 GB 80x's problem.

-Chris Lawson

*$90 at Costco. Of course, the Ultra II is not the double-testosterone
Extreme XXX, but I don't look to subjecting a CF card at a wedding to
anything more severe than a whack from a ricocheting garter.

**A couple M6TTLs, Noctilux, 75 Lux and a dozen+ rolls of film will be on
the bench. Because you just can't trust that new-fangled electricity stuff.