Subject: [Leica] OT: famous female Leica photographers
From: phong at doan-ltd.com (Phong)
Date: Sat Jun 11 04:14:59 2005

Richard wrote:
> Besides our own Tina and Karen (both of them), what are some of the
> famous female photographers that use(d) Leicas?

My guess and bet are that _any_ famous photographer, male or female,
from pre-WWII to say the early 60's used Leica.

One who used Leica extensively that hasn't been mentioned is
Ella Maillart.
http://www.ellamaillart.ch/english/biography/biography.html

Here's the photo that introduced me to Maillart, of Peter Fleming,
her travel companion in her extensive travel in China.
http://www.ellamaillart.ch/english/images/gportraitflemingangl.jpg

Regards,

- Phong