Subject: [Leica] Re: Voigtlander 40/1.4 (was Leica prices)
From: Grduprey at aol.com (Grduprey@aol.com)
Date: Sat Jun 11 05:42:20 2005

In a message dated 6/10/2005 10:06:28 AM Central Daylight Time,
bdcolen@comcast.net writes:
Fascinating - since LUG optics God Erwin Puts found that the Nokton very
slightly edged out the old Summilux - or are we talking about the new, $2500
50 mm lens? - on sharpness and contrast, although he found his slightly
decentered. As to the bokeh, there are those who hate it, and those who like
it.

BD

While I do not have the Nocton, my Ultron just does not cut it, optically,
which was a dissapointment after hearing from many LUGers that it was a very
good lens and the equal of the previous pre-asph Summicron (or maybe another
generation back from the last pre-asph).  Mechanicaly I can not find fault
with it
though.

Gene