Subject: [Leica] Re: Erwin's Latest
From: bdcolen at comcast.net (B. D. Colen)
Date: Tue Jun 14 08:50:29 2005

Of course you're correct, if all we're doing is discussing technical lens
performance. But we're not; we're discussing images produced by the lenses.
And we're then comparing today's Leica lenses with other lenses, and film
with digital. And all of this brings us back to the question of what really
matters - the technical "perfection" of the lens, or the image the
photographer produces. And I'll take E. Eugene Smith with his Minoltas over
anyone on this list - no exceptions - with the best equipment Leica has ever
produced. Because what matters to me is the overall image, not its technical
aspects.