Subject: [Leica] NEW TEST 35mm CRON & LUX PRE-ASPH
From: luisripoll at telefonica.net (Luis Ripoll)
Date: Tue Jun 14 20:08:52 2005

Hi all,

Some days ago we have discussed about the performances of both lenses, and
I've said they I want do a test, Didier was particularly interested.

http://www.leica-gallery.net/lr-photo/folder-8019.html

Put your Mouse on every picture to see details, you will see i.e. Lux F 1,4,
or Lux F 1,4 Crop = Croped

My Summicron is the latest before the ASPH, Summilux is SN 3253xxx.

Test was made on tripod and Neopan 400 ASA. I'm surprised with these tests,
and I want repeat with a cable release, I'm particularly astonished to see
that Lux flare more Cron at wide open, and Cron more than Lux at the medium
stops as 5,6, but the Lux quality don't seems so deceivable as initially I
thaught.

Your comments will be appreciated, if somebody is interested I can send
original scanned images, but each one is 6 MB.

Saludos desde Barcelona
Luis