Subject: [Leica] Totally OT: What the HELL is F1 doing?
From: eperea at walkereng.com (Emilio Perea)
Date: Mon Jun 20 09:48:12 2005

On Mon, Jun 20, 2005 at 08:41:33AM -0700, Adam Bridge wrote:
> I was astounded at the debacle in Indy when only 6 . . . SIX cars . . .
> raced.

Where's Frank Dernie when we need him? :-)

> I can't imagine anything worse for the US market.

What US market?  If you are thinking of F1 fans, why would this mess be
bad for us?  It's just one more thing to argue about...

> What the HELL was going on? Was this some deep political thing?
> Michelin with it's pants in a bundle? What?

I gather that Michelin screwed up and wanted the rules changed to cover
their asses.  Screw them!  The scumbags found that they tires used for
qualifying would be unsafe on race conditions and wanted to be allowed
to change tires or to add a chicane that would slow everybody else to
speeds that would be safe for their tires.

Why would anybody even think allowing such alternatives?  If you let
them get away with it, you might as well watch rigged "sports" like
professional wrestling and NASCAR.  The time to change the rules is
not after qualifying for a race.

> If this keeps happening Leica will actually sell the DMR and show a
> digital M!

Good luck!  I'd like to see a picture of BD's face if it happens. :-)

> Apple changes to Intel and now THIS.

I like Unix on AMD processors myself, so a bronze plaque on both their
houses!

Emilio

Replies: Reply from jsluss at direcway.com (John D. Sluss) ([Leica] Totally OT: What the HELL is F1 doing?)