Subject: [Leica] Point Lobos (not Leica)
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Mon Jun 20 12:03:30 2005

On 6/20/05 8:20 AM, "Douglas Herr" <telyt@earthlink.net> typed:

> Oliver Bryk <oliverbryk@comcast.net> wrote:
>
>> Frank F., Jim B., and I recently took our Hasselblads to Weston Beach at
>> Point Lobos State Reserve near Carmel. I posted some of my results
>> beginning
>> with
>>
>> http://www.leica-gallery.net/obryk/image-84928.html .
>>
>> Made with Hasselblad 500C/M, 100mm/f3.5, on Kodak Portra 160NC. I would
>> appreciate any comments, as well as a choice between #23 and #24.
>> Oliver
>
> I wish I could tell which are #23 and #24.
>

> Doug Herr
> Birdman of Sacramento
> http://www.wildlightphoto.

I had Photoshop already opened as I was printing so I copied it into it and
converted it into black and white first sharpening each channel
individually. I darkened the corners and sides
Then I cropped by about 22 percent but into a perfect square.
Unsharped it.
I think it looked a lot better..

Black and white gives youth the advantage of being able to jack up contrast
to bring out color.
EW's 8x10 Kodachrome which I saw last year in the Portland EW show were
boooring.

There should be a sign on the perimeter of EW Beach. "Black and white only".

Just like the sign outside Hollywood "Blonds only".

Mark Rabiner
Photography
Portland Oregon
http://rabinergroup.com/