Subject: [Leica] Re: Black-tailed Hare
From: telyt at earthlink.net (Douglas Herr)
Date: Mon Jun 20 13:22:45 2005

Richard <richard-lists@imagecraft.com> wrote:

> I can't help but keep thinking that you would be an almost ideal
> user for that DMR. It gives you another 30% reach with supposedly film
> like
> quality.

There are numerous reasons the DMR would be a good fit for the kind of
photos I normally make.  I'd probably pick up a 180mm lens so I can get the
perspective I now get with the 280mm lens on film.  Also, there would be
virtually zero problems with angle of incidence because my extreme
wide-angle lens is a 35mm Elmarit-R.  I also don't need a high frame rate
because I prefer careful composition to action photos.. OTOH there's that
cash flow thing...

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com