Subject: [Leica] Um, how do you dilute?
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Mon Jun 20 22:18:24 2005

On 6/20/05 8:14 PM, "Nathan Wajsman" <nathan.wajsman@planet.nl> typed:

> Kodak recommends using at least 100ml of XTOL for each roll of film. If
> your tank needs 250ml of liquid, then use 125ml stock XTOL and 125ml water.
>
> The 100ml/roll rule can be safely ignored up to a point; when I was
> developing in my Jobo, I used the 1+3 dilution for XTOL. In a 500ml tank
> holding 2 rolls of film, this meant 125ml XTOL and 375ml water, so that
> there was only 62.5ml of XTOL per roll. It worked fine.
>
> Nathan

I'll second that!

Xtol diluted much less than 1:3, even 1:2 makes for much less of a miracle
formula.

But I have to say that using it straight is a very very unfortunate choice
as using just about any such solvent film developer straight is.

Mark Rabiner
Photography
Portland Oregon
http://rabinergroup.com/