Subject: [Leica] Summer
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Tue Jun 21 10:46:00 2005

On 6/21/05 7:04 AM, "Jay" <bonvini@optonline.net> typed:

> It is sometimes referred to as a "Honey" moon.
>
> Jay Ignaszewski

Because of the short harvest season of the fruit, June's full moon was named
the Strawberry Moon.
"Universally known to all in the Algonquin tribe."

Also, known as the Rose Moon
http://www.wrh.noaa.gov/pqr/sunmoon/pdxjun05.html

Not sure what "Universally known to all in the Algonquin tribe. " means.
Had the Algonquin's taken over the universe at one point?

I can't help noticing that the famous Algonquin Table after WWI with
regulars
 Dorothy Parker,  Robert Benchley and Robert E. Sherwood
WAS LOCATED IN THE ROSE ROOM! (Twilight zone theme)

"Though society columns referred to them as the Algonquin Round Table, they
called themselves the Vicious Circle. ?By force of character,? observed
drama critic Brooks Atkinson, ?they changed the nature of American comedy
and established the tastes of a new period in the arts and theatre.?"
http://www.algonquinhotel.com/AboutUs/round_table.htm

On the History Channel last night they said "Comedy" was invented by the
Romans!
I lost some sleep on THAT one!

Mark Rabiner
Photography