Subject: [Leica] Totally OT: What the HELL is F1 doing?
From: ericm at pobox.com (Eric)
Date: Wed Jun 22 15:28:41 2005

Frank:

>The FIA are now circulating outraged press releases which try to lay
>the blame for the actual race fiasco elsewhere. Clearly the technical
>failure was down to Michelin. The absence of a compromise solution
>allowing a race to take place for the spectators was IMHO entirely
>due to the FIA refusing to adopt such a compromise. Obviously they
>have the power to do this though they have never used it like this
>before.

Usually, the only race I watch is the Indy 500.  I saw the reports of this
fiasco and was interested since it was run at Indy.

What I don't understand is how this is anybody's fault other than the
Michelin teams.

If the Pistons went to the officials and said that they were having problems
running as fast up and down the court as the Spurs and could they impose
artificial constraints so the Pistons could rest more, they'd be laughed at.
If the Pistons want to slow their game down, they're entitled to do so.  But
why should the Spurs be affected?

Bring the wrong equipment and then refuse to race because the officials
won't penalize your opponent?  Then again, like I said, I don't watch
Formula 1 on a regular basis.  So I *must* be missing something.  From the
outside, it looks rather silly.

--
Eric
http://canid.com/