Subject: [Leica] Ex-Leica-using PJ now shoots Oly P&S!
From: mcyclwritr at comcast.net (mcyclwritr@comcast.net)
Date: Wed Jun 22 17:44:37 2005

The article mentions "shutter lag." Is that the damnable, seemingly
interminable, and now unconscionable time lapse between the press of the
shutter button and the actual capture of the image?

Ah, I thought so.

There's still a minor knick on the brick work of my house from a back-up
point-and-shoot that dared not fire when commanded. It did not, however,
fail to be instantly repurposed into random landfill debris in that the
decisive moment when I returned home from the shoot and pulled it from my
camera bag.

I'll suffer fools. I'll suffer the common cold. I'll suffer slow-pay
clients. I'll not suffer stupid technology.

Tote six point-and-shoot cameras? Talk about wantonly handicapping yourself
so you can develop work-arounds that permit you to overcome the unnecessary.

-Chris Lawson