Subject: [Leica] Baseplate for M7
From: smcj35 at yahoo.com (Colin J)
Date: Thu Jun 23 16:29:11 2005

Scott,

Thank you for your excellent suggestion.  The RRS
plate is one of the possible routes I will take.
But first I am looking for a spare Leica base
plate to experiment with, so I can try various
methods of fixing the RRS or other plate to my
Leica.

What I wanted to know was if the baseplate I have
been offered (the item we remove to change film)
from a Leica M6 classic would fit my M7.

I don't want to ruin my M7 baseplate by fixing
anything to it with resin adhesive, or by
drilling holes and using screws, I just want
something cheaper to play with.  If any of my
ideas work (don't get your hopes up!) I will of
course share them with everyone on here.

Colin