Subject: [Leica] MP View Finder Sealing Problem?
From: vick.ko at sympatico.ca (Vick Ko)
Date: Thu Jun 23 21:06:19 2005

You can read about the problem - it is a boneheaded attempt for Leica to
save money on the top plate.  I hear it can be remedied by Leica USA on
the cameras that had the problem from earlier batches, and that current
production is altered to be sealed.

problem description:  http://www.nemeng.com/leica/002bh.shtml

I have an MP that I haven't used much, and you can slip a sheet of lens
paper into the gap that is present between the body shell and the
eyepiece seal.  It is shocking to see.

Regards,

Vick Ko