Subject: [Leica] Out of Ideas
From: leica at rcmckee.com (R. Clayton McKee)
Date: Fri Jun 24 08:22:04 2005

> On Jun 23, 2005, at 7:49 PM, Rob McClure wrote:
>
> > Any ideas how to break this slump?

Grab your head by the hair and shake the cobwebs loose, basically.
Change lenses, change film.  Make some radical, utterly outrageous
change in your shooting style, even if just as an exercise,  which
will force you to go back to LOOKING through the viewfinder rather
than just seeing through it, or make you consider other ways of doing
things.  It's amazing how much you don't notice until you force
yourself to look at life from someplace in left field.

This evening I have an assignment to do portraits of a couple with
some sort of fancy car (didn't tell me what).  I'm taking two rigs:
20D with 50/1.4 and 128 meg CF -- just enough for insurance shots
because the editor I'm working with has less imagination than her
desk chair and I DO want to get paid, and Bessa L with 15 Heliar and
Velvia 50,  because I'm getting into a bit of the same "been there
shot that" funk myself, and I'm going to do something I would
normally never even think about.   I have no clue if it'll work, but
I've never tried it before and I'm damn well going to have fun
finding out.

--

R. Clayton McKee                               www.rcmckee.com
Photojournalist                            rcmckee@rcmckee.com