Subject: [Leica] 180/4 lens: was LUG Digest, Vol 30, Issue 64
From: langhans at compwrx.com (Aram Langhans)
Date: Fri Jun 24 08:43:20 2005

I own a 4/180 also.  Here are a few shots with it in tricky lighting
situations.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/Arams-Photos/white_dogwood_backlit
http://gallery.leica-users.org/Arams-Photos/pink_dogwood_backlit
http://gallery.leica-users.org/Arams-Photos/Pink_dogwood_backlit_dark

I find the lens to be a fine performer.  Light, compact.  I do not have a
different 180 to compare it to, and I am sure Feli is correct in his
assessment, but if you rarely need that focal length, and f-4 is not a
problem for you, I think this lens is a great deal and would highly
recommend it.  I shoot it on an R8 and an R4 and mostly on a tripod.  Have
hand held it on the R4 and it was not a problem for me.  Here are some
hand-held shots.
http://gallery.leica-users.org/Arams-Photos/woodduck
http://gallery.leica-users.org/Arams-Photos/mallard

In the full image, the texture and patterns on the feathers are quite clear.
Perhaps a different 180 would even be better.

Aram