Subject: [Leica] new Puts article
From: don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory)
Date: Sat Jun 25 05:40:15 2005

Frank and all,
Actually, I think that Erwin is foreshadowing something near the APS-C
sensor size for the digital M.  Compared to the format the existing
lenses are huge.  He didn't mention it, but I believe that the
incident angle of the light coming into the sensor is still a major
issue for quality in th edges.

Other issues would be the design of wide angle lenses for the smaller
sensors.  With the exception of the 21 Biogon, you couldn't match the
coverage of a Super Angulon for the larger formats in 35mm until the
1960's.  Currently, in 35mm I can get the equivalent of a 12mm lens
while in the digital arena we get the equivalent of 15mm or so.

Just rambling on..

Don
don.dory@gmail.com