Subject: [Leica] strange place
From: feli2 at earthlink.net (feli)
Date: Sun Jun 26 16:57:26 2005

Lately I've been shooting a little in Beverly Hills, around Rodeo Drive.

First I went out with just one M and the 35/50 combo. I dressed
reasonably well and tried the usual low profile approach that seems
to work in most places. Oddly enough that didn't go over very well.
People became very suspicious and defensive.

Yesterday I tried a different approach. I took my big Domke bag and
hung two M cameras with 35/50 around my neck (staggered) and the R6.2
with the 180 around my shoulder. Put on some jeans, a black t-shirt
and wore my hiking boots. Then I simply wandered around and fired
point blank at anything and anyone that struck my fancy. People
didn't even bat an eye and some even appeared eager to have their
picture taken.

I tell you, Los Angeles is a very strange place.

Feli

feli2@earthlink.net                 2 + 2 = 4
www.elanphotos.com

no archive