Subject: [Leica] hubble camera
From: dennis at hale-pohaku.com (Dennis Painter)
Date: Mon Jun 27 19:50:44 2005

Here is a link with info and photos on one astronomical CCD sensor used in
the Canada, France, Hawaii observatory on Mauna Kea:
http://www.cfht.hawaii.edu/Instruments/Imaging/CFH12K/Summary/CFH12K-FocalPlane.html

As you say the number of pixels in a sensor seem small but the data
collection and processing is for a different purpose than our digital
cameras.

Replies: Reply from leicachris at worldnet.att.net (Christopher Williams) ([Leica] hubble camera)
Reply from rmcclure2 at woh.rr.com (Rob McClure) ([Leica] Creative Slump Followup)