Subject: [Leica] where oh where is the DMR?
From: joseph at yao.com (Joseph Yao)
Date: Tue Jun 28 11:13:40 2005

The number of Leica dealers in Zurich is indeed impressive for a relatively
small population.  However, do you know how well-stocked they are?  From my
personal experience, I find dealers in the west often do not stock very
much, and anything more than 'bread-n-butter' level have to be ordered.  I
am a small player but I have almost all the Leica items in stock, amount to
US$2-3m at a time.  And I am by no means the exception.  Another example is
my favourite watch dealer here, they have at least 500 Rolex watches in
stock at any one time.

BTW, there is a shopping mall in Beijing called the Photo City - I
understand there are 400+ camera dealers within.

Joseph  PS: there is one Leica item I do not have in stock - the Vario
Elmarit R 35-70/2.8 ASPH, but this is not my fault ;-)  PPS: I do NOT stock
USED equipment either ;-)