Subject: [Leica] where oh where is the DMR?
From: don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory)
Date: Tue Jun 28 18:32:01 2005

Well,
If the DMR is shipping then some list member will be recieving his/her
module soon.  Hopefully, they will oblige us with a decent report on
how an actual production model functions.

Why do dealers not restock an expensive film based inventory?  Its all
about inventory turn and profit levels.  $2000 U.S. in a Leica body
that might sell in six months or 200 1GB cards that will turn in two
or three months.  Five percent margin on the Leica body versus twenty
percent on the memory cards makes this a really easy decision for the
camera store owner.

If Leica is selling 100 DMR's a week at about $5000 U.S. then their
balance sheet should look much better really soon.

Just some random thoughts and comments.

Don
don.dory@gmail.com