Subject: [Leica] Re:where oh where is the DMR?
From: bdcolen at comcast.net (B. D. Colen)
Date: Wed Jun 29 07:51:17 2005

In the for-what-ever-it's-worth department - I'm going to be very surprised
if Nikon doesn't come out with a full-frame digital back for the F6. Note
that unlike the F5, it has an add-on motor drive, rather than one that is
integral, and it doesn't have a removable prism - which "pro" Nikons have
had since the F. I have to assume there're well thought out reasons for both
of those changes, and taking the camera digital makes sense in that regard.
There's also the fact that Nikon has put it's emphasis on speed and
electronics, rather than sensor size, and having full-frame as an add-on
option to an existing camera would make sense in that regard as well.

B. D.